Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Words get thrown around a lot around here...

Well today was my Day 2 blood test and ultrasound - the ultrasound always weirds me out. I want to apologise for having my period. But like always it's never an issue.


After I had my ultrasound  I was calmly waiting in the waiting room reading an out of date magazine (you know the one where Brad and Angie have broken up for the 10th time)


My favourite nurse F came to give me my results.


I had 20 follicles on my right ovary and 20 follicles on my left.  I thought WOW thats great... BOY OH BOY was I WRONG..


Transcript:
F - Oh thats common with your PCOS.
Infertile - Pardon me?
F - Oh yes that many follicles is a sign of PCOS. You don't have any cysts but I can definitely see that you do have PCOS.
Infertile - Dr T has NEVER mentioned anything about me having PCOS.
F - Oh well yes i'm pretty sure that you do have PCOS.


WJ and I have always been in that unexplained category. WJ's boys were swimming healthy and there was a lot of them and Dr T could never work out what was wrong with me.


I have been able to get my head around the unexplained category.


Now I have to get used to this new acronym.


I'm off to Google every possible sign and symptom of PCOS and i'm sure i'll convince myself that I have everyone of those.


Love and Baby Dust


Lu 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's insane that they never concluded before that you have PCOS! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow - I can't believe she just dropped the P-Bomb on you like that. Have you had confirmation from Doc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I havent had confirmation. Im in the clinic on monday morning so i will probe further and perhaps get Dr T to review the first ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would seriously punch out Dr. T for never mentioning the PCOS!

    ReplyDelete