Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Answer to our prayers.

My Name is Lu and I am an infertile.

No its not some new religion that I've signed up for (although some days it does feel quite ritualistic) it's agroup that i have long been a member of. And although some days it does feel like i am the only member of this group, if you just do a simple Google search on the word infertility you will come up with 46,700,000 search results and you quickly realise that YOU are NOT the only one.

A little bit about me.

I'm married to the most wonderful man W.J. We have been married for 9 years. He would move mountains for me and cross oceans (he did do that one) 
In 2006 we decided that we would 'think' about having a family. So I immediately stopped taking the Pill and we "tried' to have a baby that first month. Well after being on the Pill for so many years my body had decided that it would take a good year to get it self into some regularity. 
So now we are in 2007. At this point we are building a new house and the baby plans were put on the shelf (much to my disappointment).
Fast forward to 2008 and a week before my 29th Birthday. We had finally decided that we would seriously start trying for a family. We were both convinced that all it would take is ONE time. 

Why would we think anything differently.
EVERYONE around us shagged once and fell pregnant - WHY would we be any different?

Well we started in May of 2008 - and immediately my body decided not to cooperate and once again my cycles went out of whack.
I made an appointment to see my OBGYN to see if we can work out what was going on. He informed us that the best thing we could do was do three cycles of ovulation tracking to check out what was really going on with my body. Little did I know that this was the start of many blood tests and doctors visits. 

All of those results turned out fine. My Doctors advice was keep trying for 6 months and then if nothing come back and see me.

January 2009 - Still No baby.... We make another appointment to see our OBGYN. 
He suggests Clomid. 

SO Clomid it is..... 3 cycles of it..... During this time I decided to be proactive and see an acupuncturist once a week to help it along.
Clomid - what a horrible drug...... Clomid and multiple blood tests and acupuncture  I was really starting to feel like a pin cushion.
Unfortunately Clomid wasnt the answer for us. Our OBGYN referred us to one of Perths top fertility clinics with one of the top doctors in Perth. Finally something to help us. We were thrilled, but we weren't thrilled with the 3 month wait list to get into see him.

July 2009  - Our Fertility Doctor Appointment is here....
I've never been so anxious and excited at the same time. 
So we went through our history and we spoke to the nurse who informed me to lose weight (at this point after such an emotional meeting, all i wanted to do was get the pen that she was writing with and stab her in the eye with it) Ive never cried so much in my life. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Dr T decided that we needed to do more ovulation tracking so he could see what was going on. 
4 months of ovulation tracking was getting pretty old.

November 200 9 - Review appointment
Well we still weren't up the duff and we had our review with Dr T. I was not too excited about this one especially since how i felt about our first visit. 
He took one look at us and couldn't work out WHY we weren't pregnant yet. I was at the point of begging him he was going to make us wait even longer. I didn't want to wait any more, i wanted action, i wanted to be proactive in our journey to a family.
Dr T decided that In January we would start Ovulation Induction. This was going to be the answer to our prayers. 

2010 was going to be our year..........


No comments:

Post a Comment