Sunday, February 6, 2011

What's Autoimmune got to do with it?

In 1996 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder where my body attacked my skin rather than the virus I had at the time. I was hospitalised for 3 week to have intensive treatment. Since 1996 I've only had one flare up and and that was 10 years ago. But in the last few weeks vie noticed another flare up so WJ and I have been doing a lot of research into the affects of autoimmune disorders ad infertility. There definitely is a link. But my problem is I never told any of my Dr that I had this autoimmune disorder because quite simply I had forgotten about it because I hadn't been affected by it in 10 years.

So.... How much does autoimmune have to do with it?

In March I have an appointment with a new clinic because we really need to get a 3rd opinion and then 2 weeks late I have my follow up appointment with my second clinic.

Now....
Cinic 2 wanted me to loose weight and take metformin 3x day
Ive been taking the metformin but the weight is not coming off. I just dont know what to do.
The only thing that the Metformin is doing is giving me stomach cramps at night (Dh rubs my belly at night to make it feel better) and the other thing is that i am CONSTANTLY on the toilet! Our toilet paper usage has increased exponentially.

Clinic 3 - ill have to wait and see what they say. I just want to get a move on with our treatments and getting back on the baby train. I feel like i'm at a stand still at the moment and we are both getting very impatient.

Infertility is really a wild ride!!

3 comments:

  1. Well good luck w/ your appointments! Hopefully the autoimmune problem won't hinder any future fertility plans.

    Yeah metformin is a pain. I've been taking it for over a year now and it still makes me have to go frequently. Damn metformin IBS. I think that may be one of the reasons why I lost weight while using it. Food didn't stay in me long enough to get me fatter :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lu.. I know exactly how ur feeling... There is nothing worse than doing all the right things and nothing working... I am off to make a DR appointment today to get some blood tests as, things aren't working and my weight isn't moving...
    Metformin is the worst.. I have no gall bladder which makes me have the runs anyway, but then taking too much metformin WOW..I am only on 1 a day... I know I should take more, but man alive I would live on the toilet if I did...
    I am thinking of u babe.. Always here for u...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your replies. It helps knowing that your not the only one out there.
    Im on metformin 3x a day and its horrible not knowing when its effects are going to hit.

    I just wish that TTC wasnt so hard. Its hard to be positive every day

    ReplyDelete