Saturday, January 22, 2011

Please fasten your seat belts as it's going to be a bumpy ride..

Well we are home after our AMAZING 5 week European Vacation!! We ate, drank, shopped, laughed, talked and ate some more!

I also found heaven while in Italy. In Rome right next to the Trevi Fountain. It was a little Ice cream shop selling the most delicious ice cream on Earth and in that little cabinet I found Coconut ice cream! OMG I wanted to bathe in it! It had real coconut in it. When i ate it i knew i had found heaven!

Now we are back in Perth and back to reality (and a pile of washing - and a green pool) I have decided to take action. I am no long going to wait around for that elusive BFP and stop putting things on hold just because I might get pregnant.
I've decided to take up piano lessons and I am going to start my courses to be able to get into a leadership position in schools. for the last 4 years i have been holding off doing any further study because I MIGHT get pregnant, but no more! I love my job and I do plan on going back to work after children so why not get started on a path to promotion.

And one final thing all these things will never fill the hole that i have in my heart that infertility has caused. I never used to have sad days now i do. But our life has come down this path I hope I have the inner strength to remain somewhat sane!


xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 5 week Euro trip. Sounds amazing :D
    We went to Italy a few years ago. Didn't get to go to Rome unfortunatly.
    Anywho, good for you for not putting your life on hold any longer. :D

    ReplyDelete